Saturday, October 30, 2010

chinese chicken salad


Any salad I can dress with galeos miso dressing usually is a winner for me.  Couple that with a base of napa cabbage and I am typically licking the bowl.  I styled this salad after a chinese chicken salad at a local restaurant.  Brad really likes the salad here.  I kinda like the salad and that is after I ask for no dressing, extra chicken and combining two half portions of separate salads.  Not sure that classifies as liking something.  This to me is much better.  Occasionally I toss on mandarin oranges when in season and it makes it taste even better.  

chinese chicken salad
source: sweetflours

1 head napa cabbage, sliced thin
1 head romaine lettuce, sliced thin
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
3 ounce package ramen noodles (discard seasoning pack)
3 ounce slivered almonds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 cups shredded chicken 
2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
* 1 bottle galeos miso dressing

Preheat oven to 400.  Crumble ramen noodles and combine ramen noodles, almonds and sesame seeds on rimmed baking dish.  Bake for 2-4 minutes until golden brown in parts.  Let cool.
Combine chopped cabbage, romaine, and green onion in large bowl.  Top with shredded chicken. *Mandarin oranges if using*
Top salad with ramen and almond mixture.  Toss with galeos dressing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS