Monday, November 15, 2010

basic pizza sauce


A recent goal is to make more at home and eat less canned and processed food.  As you can see basic has been in the title of two posts recently.  I am just putting my toe in pond and testing the waters of so many recipes. This is a journey right?  Pizza making is going to take me awhile to perfect but, I am going to keep trying.  These recipes are a starting point as I become more comfortable with the pizza making process.  I like these recipes but, I hope to try some more in the future to compare.  Recently I have been using my bread hook and pizza stone.  See family I know I ask for a lot of kitchen items but, I do use them and I do LOVE them.   (Check out my new all-clad 2 quart saucepan .... LOVE!!) Brad and the kids love pizza.  I thought I was just so so on pizza but, what I realized is there is such a thing as bad pizza and I have had a lot of bad pizza.  Homemade pizza is really good and the best part is you can control the ingredients.  You can eat a slice of pizza knowing what went into it and not feel guilty.  The garlic really shines in this simple sauce which adds a lot to the flavor of the pizza.

basic pizza sauce
adapted: cooking light

  • 2  tablespoons  extra-virgin olive oil
  • 5  garlic cloves, minced
  • 1  (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes
  • 1  teaspoon  kosher salt
  • 1/2  teaspoon  dried oregano
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove tomatoes from can using a slotted spoon, reserving juices. Crush tomatoes. Stir tomatoes, juices, salt, and oregano into garlic mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS