Monday, February 7, 2011

south of the border mason-dixon dip



We went to our annual super bowl party hosted by our good friends yesterday.  I arrived not knowing who was even playing.  I left not knowing who won.  What I do know is we had a blast and I feel ill today.  I blame this dip, Paula Deen and my lack of self control.  I am not to be left alone in a room with dip and chips.  This dip comes together in minutes and can hardly be deemed cooking rather opening cans and wrappers, dumping, mixing and heating.  Once you set it out it will be gone in minutes as well.  It is best right when it comes out of the oven and it is hot and bubbly with delicious gooey cheese.  I am a dip girl and I am not going to deny this but, I am so so thankful that super bowl Sunday only comes one time a year. 

south of the border mason-dixon dip
adapted: paula dean

2 15oz cans vegetarian chili
2 8oz packages reduced fat cream cheese
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat chili in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.  Turn down to low and add blocks of cream cheese.  Mix until cream cheese is melted. Pour heated chili in 1.5 quart casserole dish and sprinkle grated cheese over top. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until mixture is hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and top with chopped green onion tops. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or fritos.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I made this last night for my book club and it was DELICIOUS!! I made a mistake and didn't serve it with Fritos...I know that would have made it EVEN better! I won't make that mistake again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS