Sunday, May 15, 2011

cinnamon pinwheel




Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out.  I love coffee, eggs, crisp bacon, cheese and of course a sweet pastry to compliment the entire meal. What I don't like is paying $40 to shovel eggs down, wipe up spilled juice, beg my kids to sit and eat and never getting to say a word to Brad. A month ago we decided to give up trying and recreate the big breakfast at home.  Because these meals are done on a whim and I am only one cook in the kitchen I have been relying on bisquick to mix up a quick sweet whether it be pancakes, waffles or these quick and easy cinnamon pinwheels.  Cinnamon rolls from scratch rule but, when you just want to make something quick to enjoy with the family on a Saturday morning give these pinwheels a whirl.

cinnamon pinwheel
adapted: betty crocker

2 cups bisquick
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1  teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoons milk


Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.

Mix bisquick and milk together with a wooden spoon until dough comes together, then turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 3-4 minutes.

Roll dough into a large rectangle, 1/4-inch thick, and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the dough. Roll dough, jelly roll fashion, tucking in the ends so that the brown sugar stays inside; slice into 12 biscuits. Place cut-side down in muffin cups on top of the brown sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

For the icing, mix together the powdered sugar and milk with a whisk until icing comes together. It should be thick, but too thick to pour. Depending on the consistency you want, you may want to add a tablespoon more or less of powdered sugar. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls and serve warm.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

I love breakfasts out. And it's much better when it's just me and the mister!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Seriously, if only you knew how much I loved my cinnamon rolls you would have made these and shipped them to me. I can eat a whole pan of them by myself and I have to try and not to do that since little man and hubby like them as well! Trying to leave some for the family is so hard for me.

Your pinwheels look AMAZING! I am making them this week and will blog about it and link it back to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS