Thursday, June 16, 2011

lobster rolls


Lobster rolls may be our new tradition over Memorial Day as a summer kick off.  I have mentioned that we had a lobster roll party and I have yet to share the star of the show.  My good friend T loves lobster rolls.  I love lobster rolls.  We decided to host a dinner party in their honor.  Many of the guests had not had these before which is good because fans of the lobster roll are pretty particular on how they like it served.  Celery or no celery. Lettuce in the bun or no lettuce.  Lemon or no lemon.  The lobster roll is simple but, you fixate on the flavors in the roll you fell in love with.  Luck was on my side as T and I like our lobster rolls the same.  We like them clean and simple keeping it all about the lobster.  A little mayo with a bit of crunch.  Seasoned with salt and pepper and just a touch of bright lemon.  The cold salad against the hot toasted roll is just so decadent.  So simple, so good and such a treat especially when shared with good friends.

lobster roll
source: sweet flours

2 pounds cooked lobster meat, torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup mayonnaise (start with 1/2 cup and add more if desired)
2 stalks of celery thinly sliced
salt and pepper

lemon
4 tablespoon butter, room temperature
8 top loading buns (or hot dog buns)


Combine lobster meat and mayonnaise in medium bowl. Start with a 1/2 cup and if you want it moister add another quarter cup.  Squeeze half of lemon.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Butter outside surfaces of top loading buns. Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Place rolls, 1 buttered side down, in skillet; cook until browned slightly, about 2 minutes per side. Open buns. Fill with lobster mixture, and serve.

5 comments:

sophia said...

Ah, I've never had lobster rolls before!! I don't get a lot of chances to indulge in lobsters. How succulent and decadent this looks!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Yum! Delicious, my mouth is watering right now! Oh boy my husband and i would love these. We have lobster rolls on our first anniversary trip and they were irresistible! Yours look amazing

That Girl said...

The lobster should always be the star in anything that uses it!

Unknown said...

Im going to give this recipe to my sister! She lives for Lobster! I know she'll love it!

lisa is cooking said...

I keep seeing lobster rolls--and craving them more and more lately! Sounds like a fantastic party.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS