Friday, July 29, 2011

elmo cookie dough truffle pops





This is the last of my Elmo inspired treats.  Promise.

So I have told you I don't like bread.  I have another secret.  I don't like cookie dough.  I don't sneak spoonfuls as I bake.  I don't even lick the spoon.  I would cause a major revolt in my house if I even tried to lick the spoon.  The spoon, spatula, bowl and beaters are left for the kids.  We have a good thing worked out over here.  They love dough, batter, frosting and I like the finished product.  I like the crispy edges that get cut off because no one wants the crispy part.  Making brownies and bars with perfect edges now that is my thing.  Eating sliver after sliver does not equal a whole bar or brownie.  It is just a couple slivers and has a lot less calories.  I promise.  Try it.  This was not my birthday.  If it was there would be pumpkin, coconut, spice and malted treats.  This was my 2 year old daughters birthday so, there was cookie dough, Elmo, candy melts, food coloring all on a stick.  The kids not only went nuts for the Elmo themed pop but, they loved the cookie dough.  I only dipped half of the truffles.  That was a huge mistake because these went first.  I still have half a batch of cookie dough truffles in the freezer.  Shh don't tell.  I am keeping that in my back pocket when the big bribes have to come out.  Yep I bribe my kids, feed them cookie dough (no raw eggs) and food coloring.  I am that kind of mom.  I think they both kind of approve.  

My muse guarding the cookie dough.


The birthday girl in a sugar blur after 2 pops.


elmo cookie dough truffle pops
source: annie eats

8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
red candy melts
dark chocolate candy melts
white mints
orange jelly bean
edible pen in black

Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Refrigerate covered until the mixture has firmed up enough to form balls.
Shape the chilled cookie dough mixture balls.  Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.  Cover  and transfer the pan to the freezer for 1-2 hours.
When ready to dip melt the red candy melts in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. Push a lollipop stick in each truffle. Dipping the very end of the stick before you push into the truffle helps to anchor the stick firmly in the truffle.    Dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in candy melt and shaking gently to remove the excess. Take 4 at a time out of the freezer as they work better if truffles are very cold.  Transfer to a styrofoam base to dry.  Before candy coating dries add the mouth (half a dark chocolate candy melt), eyes (mints) and nose (jellybean).  Once all the truffle pops have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

6 comments:

That Girl said...

I don't like cookie dough either!

Sashquatch said...

These are fabulous! You are such a talented decorator you really are. I have to say, i have nothing personally against cookie dough, but i dont have the fetish for it that others seem to either :) That doesnt mean that these look any the less delicious! Lovely post and such a useful little recipe too

Joanne said...

I love cookie dough...so me and my future kids are gonna have some serious issues to work through. Love these! They look adorable!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

These are the cutest things I have ever seen and your daughter is the cutest little girl Ever! How much fun was this party. Wish I was a little kid all over again. Your one amazing mom!

Faith said...

I'm a big fan of cookie dough and I think these sound fantastic! They're so adorable too!

Alex said...

nice work! I want to make cookie monster!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS